Each year, the World Trade Center Institute’s (WTCI) eight-month Youth Diplomats Program helps 25 students take their first steps towards becoming global citizens. One Saturday a month they meet to explore topics in global affairs and diplomacy. Along the way they build their leadership and cross-cultural communication skills through interactions with professionals across WTCI’s extensive business network and international visitors from across the world. Through a series of workshops, volunteer opportunities, and professional meetings, they will become better prepared for the challenges and opportunities in the global marketplace.
- Receive 25 service-learning hours
- Increase your cultural competency
- Connect with network of Youth Diplomats from around the country
- Show colleges you have an understanding of global cultures and world issues
- Eight Saturday meetings from April to July
- Virtual dinner with International families
- Academic reflection / creative project
2021 Program Schedule
Due to the impact of COVID-19, the 2021 schedule for Youth Diplomats has been modified and some components have been changed.
April 10, 2021 Introduction to Diplomacy
April 24, 2021 Public Speaking and Communication in a Cross-Cultural Context
May 8, 2021 Refugee Migration & Reintegration
May 22, 2021 Conflict Resolution & Peacebuilding
June 5, 2021 Global Sustainability
June 19, 2021 Leveraging Technology as a Catalyst for Change
July 10, 2021 Volunteer Service Day
July 24, 2021 Graduation Ceremony
Applications are due by March 5th and are open to greater Baltimore area high school juniors & seniors who are:
- Curious about the world and open to diverse perspectives
- Committed to making an impact locally and globally
- Advocates for equality, human rights, and peace
The Youth Diplomats Program is part of the Albrecht Fellowships, a series of programs designed to help students become the next generation of global leaders. Through these programs students discover global opportunities that they never knew existed as they prepare to make their mark on the world.